Keep your OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and no on your first statement. Start with a nicer older vehicle. Less expensive than a new one, cheaper insurance, and cheaper to license(depends on state somewhat I suppose, definitely holds true in KS). I've had just as many issues with the late model stuff I've owned as the aged inventory I drive.

10 bolts axles will be broken when abused, same with the 4L60e...I will concede the 4L60e is definitely the weaker link out of the two. All I've ever heard is second hand info on 10 bolt destruction...and I have used them on the farm for tasks they were not meant to do, and none of mine let me down.
The simple answer is to know what you have and drive it accordingly. No point driving a 1500 like it's a 3500.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint peeling is something I have seen for many years in the shops I ran and in my trucks I have owned. It ****** me off that quality control could not have put out a quality paint job that EVERYONE sees. It is something my fellow members at the Tahoe/Yukon Forum talk about too. Cracked dashes, too. BUT, I love the rest of the truck and on B.A.T. site, they still bring big bucks at the auctions.
The GMT400 market has been going up. Glad I got mine when I did,don't think I could afford one in the condition of mine now.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The GMT400 market has been going up. Glad I got mine when I did,don't think I could afford one in the condition of mine now.
I will post this in ebay/craigslist finds too but this is an example of a K2500 ext cab here in the PNW, with no rust. Was listed at $12,999 till it went down to this price of $11,500.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Here is another one that is not that far from here but for some reason, no interior pics or engine bay pics:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will post this in ebay/craigslist finds too but this is an example of a K2500 ext cab here in the PNW, with no rust. Was listed at $12,999 till it went down to this price of $11,500.

Yeah,been seeing similar prices on FB marketplace. Mine's not worth that but it's a $7000 truck all day. NO!,it ain't for sale!!!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah,been seeing similar prices on FB marketplace. Mine's not worth that but it's a $7000 truck all day. NO!,it ain't for sale!!!
Not searching. My girl's 1990 K2500 is a keeper truck. There was a car lot buyer recently, that saw the truck at the Safeway store and came up with a business card and offered $5k for the 129k miles truck and I handed him back his card and said "No thanks".

You must be registered for see images attach