Keep your OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2019 GMC K3500 SIERRA DURAMAX QUAD CAB. GM quality is terrible. Rear window installed at factory with a gap in the butyl.... big surprise, interior full of water.
You must be registered for see images attach
That QC inspector gonna get that 25% pay raise though. Well deserved. /s

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a '19 Suburban with the 5.3. Not sure what transmission, but he's had it replaced already. Between that and three wrecks, it's practically a new truck.
He tows with it a lot, and he's been moving across Texas this past year. Every trip from Alvin to Canyon Lake is around 500 miles round trip, poor burb has more miles on it than Rawhide.....
This burb replaced an '08 Yukon XL Denali with a 6.0, that they ran the stuffing out of, they put multiple engines in it and at least one trans.
I've heard similar stories from other friends/acquaintances about their newer trucks.
Meanwhile my Burb kept on going, even after its wreck last year. And Rawhide keeps on truckin' too(except for the occasional replacement of original 27 year old parts!).
Before I go outta town again, particularly hauling a load, I'll replace the water pump and hoses and the belt tensioner.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We’ve painted the front fenders on probably a dozen Gm products for the dealership near us in the last year. Trade ins with under 60,000km on them and all with front fenders peeling/flaking around the wheel wells. A couple Equinox’s, few trucks, blazers etc. And they are all 2020+

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
GMT400's weren't perfect from the factory either. :) They've just been around so long we've sorted out most of that mess already. I don't disagree with the sentiment, just saying, none of these vehicles were put together with 100% accuracy.

BTW that gap isn't the only issue; looks like they just barely missed the bottom corner, too. Probably leaks there in a car wash situation.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
After being in the auto repair business for 35+ years, 10 as a tech and 25+ running shops, I have seen the gambit of quality problems with my very favorite GM products.

My girl owns a 1990 K2500 with 129k on the clock and runs like a top and is way easier to take care of and a joy to work on. I told her, "never ever sell this truck".

I own a 2005 Tahoe Z71 because IMO, that NBS is the best years of the Tahoe's and like has been said, less electronics and by 2005 the kinks were worked out of the 2000-2006 models. The biggest problems started with the 2007 and newer models, especially with the AFM systems that everyone wants to disable.

On the Tahoe/Yukon Forum I belong to, another great forum by @Shaggy, as the years get newer you see way more problems and downtime at the stealerships. This is especially true with the 2021+ years. When you think of what the new ones cost, it makes me crazy how bad the quality is when you pay all that money.

Buy an older model that will meet your needs, go completely thru the vehicle and spend some of that saved money to address any concerns and drive with confidence.