K1500 in the UK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flatcap

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi folks
As a first post I thought to show this little truck I got around a month ago. So far Im loving it even though it needs loads of tlc! It's a 92 Cheyenne with a few aftermarket bits.
Stock 5.7 but dual fuel being able to run on LPG which is much cheaper than gas here in the UK. I think the grill could be aftermarket but unsure.
I couldn't understand why it has an a/c system fitted in the engine bay and what looked like a standard blower setup in the cab with the vent controls under the steering column and no obvious a/c switch but then worked out that the old fashioned blower control also powered up the a/c compressor. Mysterious stuff!
Anyhow,Im sure there will be plenty questions being asked by me!
You must be registered for see images attach

Flatcap

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its pretty much how it was imported from the states. We dont have to change lights etc although rear fog light needs fitting by law if it doesn't have one as standard.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

A/C stuff is weird because your truck has been retrofitted with it. Controls would look like mine if it were factory equipped with it (A '92 would have a button for forced recirc):

I think you've got the "Deluxe" heater option as you have panel registers. I've seen these trucks with them blocked off..