Just Replaced Clutch in nv3500-issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armybyrd

Reaction score
I just replaced the clutch,TOB,pilot bearing and flywheel in my '95s nv3500 and now with the engine on it grinds when I try to shift into any gear-with the engine off it goes into each gear fine though. Reason for replacing was my TOB was going bad. All parts were the same as the stock ones and went in fine, everything was torqued to specs and the slave cylinder wasn't disconnected. Is there a chance it could just need to be bled? Sounds as if the clutch isn't being released all the way.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be a bad cutch disc. Had this happen on my car where the disc is still part way engaged while on the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Bump, having the exact same issues. I haven't changed anything and mine just started doing this today. Any info?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I know its a dumb question but I have to ask did you put the trowout bearing in right? I put mine in wrong once and the clutch wouldn't work right

armybyrd

Reaction score
Turned out to be the clutch master cyl but I replaced the slave while I was at it. Also had it bled which took forever and now it shifts like butter!