Jolly Green's '97 Z-71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Here's a few pics I took after clay bar, compound, wax, and re-vitalizing my headlights/tail lights.

Plans:
4" RCX lift w/ either 33's or 35's on MT Classic's or Eagle Alloys
Billet Grille
New mirrors (already have)
Alternator upgrade
NEW stereo w/ 1 10" sub

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Very clean.
But why you only going with the 4 when the 6 is basically the same price and only difference is the aal?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
holy **** thats a clean one. bunch of these poppin up on the site now. feel like im a kid back in the late 90's. :boti:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait? Didn't you have a different truck and this must be one you just picked up? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

That truck is CLEAN! This is exactly what I want next. A clean white, red, or black STOCK GMC or Chevy 400. That's awesome man. What all does clay barring and compound do? I'm painting my truck soon but until then I really want to revitalize my stock paint from 95. It's just slightly faded overall and shows a ton of hairline swirls :nono:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
holy **** thats a clean one. bunch of these poppin up on the site now. feel like im a kid back in the late 90's. :boti:

Word. especially with T Dog posting up that black gmt400 cowboy magazine ad. That really brought me back. I love it.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Very clean.
But why you only going with the 4 when the 6 is basically the same price and only difference is the aal?

I know. I just don't think I want to go that high. I'm not doing it for strictly performance. Probably 60% look and 40% performance. If I did do a 6" lift I would most likely de-crank to 5". I really don't want a lot of space between the top of the tires and the fender wells.

Before any of that I need to do either:

a. gear swap
b. find stock axles with 4.10's

If i go with 35"s i'd probably go with 4.56's.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Wait? Didn't you have a different truck and this must be one you just picked up? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

That truck is CLEAN! This is exactly what I want next. A clean white, red, or black STOCK GMC or Chevy 400. That's awesome man. What all does clay barring and compound do? I'm painting my truck soon but until then I really want to revitalize my stock paint from 95. It's just slightly faded overall and shows a ton of hairline swirls :nono:

I just thought of something. Unless you need a bunch of body work I bet a good detail could get your truck looking close to new again and save you from potential messing it up trying to paint it.