Is this block usable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenbronnson73

Reaction score
I totally agree to use something to radius and chamfer the metal around the chip so there are no sharp corners to crack from or pieces to break off.also so the piston skirt rides over smoothly.But I wouldn't hesitate to use that block.overbore might be needed but it might not.It doesnt look like that much wear in the picture.besides you don't have to jump to .030 .it depends on what it measures.you should really only go as big as you need to clean it up so you keep the cylinder walls as thick as possible.The extra 5CI on a 350 you get from .030 over isnt worth punching it out more than you need to .Not that it would really matter anyway on a SBC except maybe a 400 but I'm just saying.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

brocks 97

Reaction score
If it is magnafluxed to check for fractures in the rest of the block skirt it will be fine to run after proper machining.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the block gets machines, chamfered and filed, would sleeve liners be possible for added insurance?

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another nickel in the pot for boring and chamfering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk