Is this bed cover worth keeping?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought this bed cover from a 99-06 chevy and it fits good and everything but had a little trouble with the lock. But now my problem is that I stripped the paint and its got more holes then swiss cheese. lol. The rust holes have like water in holes. Even though cover was fully painted there was water in rust holes. Paid 260 and my friend wants 200 to cut out corner and weld new piece and use fiberglass to fix it nice and painted black. So im at 460 already. Should I pay up and keep it or just fix it enough to sell it and try to get some money back?
You must be registered for see images attach

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Learning to weld saves a lot of time and money
But personally for a "friend" 200 seems steep

You could do the Bondo yourself after the weld of that's the reason for a 200 friend job

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh sorry half ass reading job he's painting it too

I'd cough up the cash
Looks great on the truck

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MODS PLEASE CLOSE THREAD. JUST GOING TO PAINT AND SEE HOW IT GO"S

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No reason to close this thread. I just learned that the bed cover off of a 99 to 2006 fits ours too!

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright skylark lets get this going again! Well like I said on this cover the lock cylinder is almost hitting the tailgate so im having a hard time trying to figure out how to lock it. The locking tab when turned hits the tailgate. So I was thinking of cutting a thin slit in tailgate so that locking tab would slide into tailgate and lock it that way. Draggin95 agreed with that also. What you guys think?

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been looking for a low pro bed cover like this for about 2 years already. So when I saw it on craigslist I had to have it. Guy gave me diminsions and everything fit good except that lock. lol dummy me

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright skylark lets get this going again! Well like I said on this cover the lock cylinder is almost hitting the tailgate so im having a hard time trying to figure out how to lock it. The locking tab when turned hits the tailgate. So I was thinking of cutting a thin slit in tailgate so that locking tab would slide into tailgate and lock it that way. Draggin95 agreed with that also. What you guys think?
99% certain that my 93 is just a slot in the tailgate.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I get some pictures of how it mounts? Does it look like it will seal the top of the bed? I might just be willing to build one of these instead of using the g@ylords cover that is on there now.