Is there a list somewhere of light bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Slightly off subject. I remember replacing the ones under the dash in my old '92 as a kid. Those bulbs are bright. It's like having a whole new truck inside!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slightly off subject. I remember replacing the ones under the dash in my old '92 as a kid. Those bulbs are bright. It's like having a whole new truck inside!
Under the knee bolster, or in the instrument panel?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I won't give them any more of my money, but www.rockauto.com is an excellent research resource.

Mike

Same for me, 5 attempts and they send wrong parts everytime, one time they sent used parts, blamed me for using them before returning and then tried to charge an extra fee for me to return them to Canada. I order parts almost daily so it wasn't my error. They stock no parts, act as a middle man with the cheapest companies they can find equaling poor service. They pass the blame.
I buy local, costs a little more but have good fast service.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess that did sound super vague now that I read it back. I meant under the said knee bolster. :waytogo:
That's how I read it at first, but then you said it felt like a whole new truck and thought it might be something more prominent than the "mood lighting" coming from underneath.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
That's how I read it at first, but then you said it felt like a whole new truck and thought it might be something more prominent than the "mood lighting" coming from underneath.

Yeah, there's quite a difference. '95+ trucks use the 194 bulbs under the dash, more "mood lighting," in my opinion. The '94 and prior trucks use that 1003 under the dash. The 194's definitely don't put out much, 1003's were double the power. In a lifted truck, it hurt the eyes to open the door at night after work. The gray interior also reflected a lot of light compared to the blue or red interior trucks.