is all frame damage repairable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on gmt400s is all frame damage repairable or what point is it better just to get a new frame?

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends what type of damage. A frame thats rusting through could be repaired fairly simple if you have the time/skills/know how but if the frame is bent I wouldn't even try and fix it at that point id just swap another frame.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Technically yes, all frame damage is repairable....but as with all things, you gotta take into consideration the costs of repair versus replacement.

To be more specific though, if one or both rails are warped throughout, replacement is needed in order to remain "true".

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
just depends some can be pulled if its real bad it may have to go on a frame rack for a lil more extensive pull. Just depends on were it is tweaked. I had a 95 z71 the had 40k on it I hit a pole and tweaked one of the horns. I cried like a baby and got a new frame.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is what im taking about. lol

You must be registered for see images attach

the more and more i look at it, the more i see it would just be way better (peace of min) just to get a new frame.