Interstate battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwarze_crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I need to buy a new battery for my pickup. I am going to get an interstate and have it narrowed down. I can get a Megatron plus that has 800cca, or they have what's called a climate shield that has 700. Now normally I automatically go for the highest CCA, but I am curious as to what is good about the climate guard. I can't really find any information about them and am curious if they are actually better in colder climates.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For something like that price would dictate for me
Or your experience
Is your current CC not enough?
Have you used 800CCA and still had issues?
Personally "climate guard" sounds like a load of crap

It's still 800CcA vs 700CCA

But my truck spends some time in the mountains and snow
So if anyone has info on this battery id like to know as well

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I've got the Megatron II. Barely have to touch the key and it fires right up. I'm very pleased with it.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
We used to sell Interstate Batteries at the shop for years, then we started getting a lot of bad ones and they gave us crap about warranty claims. We now sell the NAPA Legends and have great luck with them.

But having the CCA rating with plenty of reserve cranking power is always a good thing. Go with the 800 CCA

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
The only warranties I've been doing on interstate batteries is the mt65 that our local cable company uses, but we are also warranting out a lot of their alternators. They run so many electronics in their ford's.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interstate has a good reputation, but after doing a bunch of research, I bought a DieHard Platinum instead. The Platinum line is just a repackaged Oddysey battery, which are extremely high quality. Here's the battery I bought:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/allmodre...3_12605_02850090000P&targetType=seeAllReviews

Odysseys FTW! I'm convinced there's nothing better on the market. 4 year FREE REPLACEMENT warranty, no pro-rated nonsense. CCAs and reserve are unmatched by anything else. I run them in both of my trucks and beat the hell out of them with my stereo systems, no complaints here. They're expensive but when you do the math it's really not that much different from buying cheaper batteries more often.

Also, they're made in Missouri, USA. I used to run Optimas but since they sold to Johnson Controls and moved production to Mexico their quality has gone downhill. After I killed my most recent Optima Yellow Top from what I would consider normal use, I switched to Odyssey Extremes and haven't looked back.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My friend has one from Auto Zone if I remember correct it's the yellow top well it's been on the truck 13 years.