Intermittent Power Steering Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put in an ACDelco reman Power steering pump back in November. This morning, i started up my truck (28 degrees out, not too cold) and I had no power steering or power brakes! (I have a hydroboost unit). anyhow, i shut the engine off, went back inside for a few hours. I came back out, started it, and everything was fine! Steering, brakes and all operated flawlessly. The fluid in the pump isnt low or anything like that, does not seem to be leaking at all. What is going on?

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Possible. I didnt hear any squealing or anything like that, but Ill look into it. The PS pump is under warranty, so ive had another one shipped to me free of charge. Ill replace the pump just to be safe. why not?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you burp the new pump, I leave the cap off and jack the truck up where the wheel's are barely off of the ground then start the engine and turn the wheel's lock to lock 10 times and that will purge any air that is left in the system, then make sure it's full and replace the cap.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did do that. so far, the problem has not come back. maybe it was a fluke thing.