Interior Paint Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macrain13

Reaction score
I am looking to order one of the Dash Covers for my 98 K1500. It is one of the hard plastic covers that is made to glue in place. I was wondering if anyone knows a good paint and the proper color for my truck. It is the beige/tan color, what is the actual chevy color for that and what is a good paint or who makes a paint to match? Thanks for the help.

The dash can be found at http://www.stockinteriors.com/DashCaps.asp?Itemid=20448&MakeId=31&ModelId=88#details_box_holder .

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
most automotive paint shops can use a machine and one of your stock parts to find exact color to match best. just take of your glove box and carry in and they should be able to match it with there paint reader machine. i know my local shop has the machine at least.
or you could just buy your exterior color paint and paint it. but if your dash is just busted up IMO just to searching local junkyards for a good dash. there are plenty out there still in great shape! not saying youll find one tomorrow for sure but keep at it and you can find a direct replacement that matches already.
youll have something like 200bucks or more after you get that dash cover and paint and such. my local picapart only charges like 25bucks for bare dash. and complete dash for 50bucks. of course ya gota just keep going and check what they get in every day for good buys but they are out there! hell i go to my local yard ALOT just to make money on the side as alittle hustle ;)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have good luck out of SEM dye, I prep it properly use their sand free and then the colr dye, work's great!

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of great stuff about SEM. I've got a few pieces to do and I think that's the way I'm gonna go. I hate painting interior pieces.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have tried painting before also and it never turned out as good as the SEM dye.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I bought mine and the interior paint from CK Resto when they were still selling stuff for our trucks. Their paint worked well, and the cover doesn't need any prep.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I use the SEM color coat also , prep is easy , it holds up to normal wear and tear and is very forgiving to spray .
Sent from my ADR6300

GRIMEE

Reaction score
I own a custom paint shop and been in the biz for over 35 years Sem is good stuff heres a pic of it on wood panels above the carpet on the side panels
You must be registered for see images attach