Interested in quad sealed beam projectors?

Would you be interested in buying?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I have a source to produce H4703/H4701 sealed beam/quad beam headlights retrofitted with actual projector units. Would anyone be interested in them? My source does custom lighting and retrofitting very well. All of his work is very classy. Much better than any cheap eBay looking junk. Lights more than likely would not come with halo rings unless specifically requested. Choices are slim for the lights due to the small size. Mini projectors are great and will provide excellent lighting and be hid ready without the hassle of blinding other drivers with lamps designed for halogen lighting. If I can get enough support behind me, we may have an affordable alternative to swapping to composite style housings or eBay headlights capsules. As soon as he shoots me a price, I will report back.

I will be the Test subject. I will get back to you with price plus shipping estimates. I'm sure these lights will fit in some sort of flat rate box.

The projectors will use h1 bulbs.
Here are the projectors he sent me a link to:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=42678

Since he is also good with wiring, I will see if he will also offer a direct plug in hid relay for the lights.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Glass housing similar to original, or plastic? I'd be concerned about that small of a housing having melting issues with HID's, if they're plastic. I could be wrong. If glass, will they be tough enough to withstand a few random stones from the road?

Richard

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
They would be stock style glass replacement housings, something like the sylvania replacements from your local auto parts store. They will be as strong as a stock housing :shrug:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal. I think glass is the correct choice here. The original halogens were reasonably tough as far as stone chips, I just asked because it seems like the grade, type, whatever of glass (or maybe thickness?) is an issue with some other housings, seem to break easily. Driving lights, stuff like that.

I'm probably not a player on these but it does sound like a really cool project and I can imagine there should be some interest. Then there will be a run on the brackets, buckets, and retaining rings at the boneyards - 1988-1989 only, could be a little tricky to find, or cash up to LMC and the like...

Richard

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be interested in a set. Of course its all dependent on the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I like quads, but not with those projectors. Haven't heard much good about 'em, although I haven't personally used them.

I would be interested to see how someone is going the graft projectors in to a glass housing though. That's why I went with plastic housings and TSX projectors.

Of course, you're going to pay more for just the TSX's than the quoted price above for completed units.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Do you have details on your projector setup?

If you're talking a "how to" then nope.

Didn't take pics while I was building them.

Basically, I too a set of cheapy ebay composite housings with chin-chin projectors already in them. I only wanted the clear lens and housings so no worries on them being cheap.

Then I cut the back out, lined up the TSX projectors, built a new rear housing face with JB weld and mounted the TSX's.

Then I had to modify the rad support by cutting holes to allow the longer TSX projectors to fit. Also had to modify the mounting brackets. I ended up chucking hte cheap chin-chin adjusters and grafting on the OEM GM adjusters. The mounts turned into a composite of Chin-chin pieces and GM OEM pieces in order to get them to line up, fit properly and not shake/bounce.

Finished product just looks like a cheap set of eBay lights:

You must be registered for see images attach

That was an in progress pic of the fog lights. The drivers side is "frenched" into the bumper, passenger side is a photochop.

The tsx lights with the d2r capsules have razor sharp cutoff and throw light further down the road than any other I've seen. Cars in front of me at night actually make a shadow, even in thier own headlights! They're aimed properly though, I hit cars in front of me just above the trunk line and below thier seat backs.

I picked the black ones since I wasn't sure how much cutting I would have to do inside the housings and the bkack would be easy to redo if needed. Turns out the tsx projectors were the same diameter of the cheap as crap lenses and I didn't have to cut at all. Were I to do it again I probably would use the chrome ones.

I'm not a fan of the "blacked out" look....

Last edited: