Interchangability of front header and grills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astrosurfer

Reaction score
Hi fellas.
First post here. New to the forum because I just bought a 88 chevy 1500 cheyenne.
It has the single front light setup.
I need to know if a 1996 tahoe front end will fit my truck and what all do I need to remove at pullapart to make it work.
Do I need the full header and wiring or just the header.
From my readings over the last couple of days I most likely need the full header assembly with the grill. in order to have the light fixtures work.
Is this a simple removal of the whole thing or is it going to be a PITA?
All help and suggestions welcome.
many thanks in advance
BILLY

astrosurfer

Reaction score
thanks
I would have a lot of wading data to get there.
appreciate the direction

edit: that link explains install into a 97.
Going onto an 88 is the same?
I understand the metal frame behind the grill to be different.
Is this not the case?

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Next time try searching around before you post a new thread. These trucks are gettin old, the vast majority of topics have been discussed.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
dont forget the filler piece between the bumper and grill u'll have to change them out because the 88-93 are diffrent.

and dont be harsh on people if they start a new thread that has been mentioned before

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont forget the filler piece between the bumper and grill u'll have to change them out because the 88-93 are diffrent.

and dont be harsh on people if they start a new thread that has been mentioned before

Also you may have to drill a few holes in core support to mount the 94+ filler piece.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

What about my statement was harsh? I think I suggested he do some reading. I've learned plenty of **** I didn't even know I wanted to learn browsing topics..