Instrument lighting questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A couple of questions:
1) Was thinking of replacing the bulbs in my instrument cluster with LEDS. I've already found the size needed for them but was wondering if I should get green or white? Which one is going to produce the better color through the already green backing of the faceplate?
2) Does anyone know where I can get the bulbs in LEDs or even standard for the A/C controls and also the window switches?
This is for my '92 1500 with Blazer window switches.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Are you planning on keeping them green or did you want to change the color? I just out of curiousity. For your LEDs, if i were you, contact DEV, he got my set, and they look badass! hes a great guy to deal with, he'll give you any inbformation you need to know!

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bulbs are staying green. I had reverse-glow gauges and LEDS soldered into my A/C controls previously and was sick of the blue so went and pulled a new cluster and A/C control unit and installed those. I also grabbed the window switches from a blazer and installed those along with power mirrors. At this point I am looking for direct replacements that are plug and play for the switches and A/C control.
P.S. I'm not looking to have anyone else do it as I don't wish to be without my DD while I send my stuff off to be worked on.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bulbs are staying green. I had reverse-glow gauges and LEDS soldered into my A/C controls previously and was sick of the blue so went and pulled a new cluster and A/C control unit and installed those. I also grabbed the window switches from a blazer and installed those along with power mirrors. At this point I am looking for direct replacements that are plug and play for the switches and A/C control.
P.S. I'm not looking to have anyone else do it as I don't wish to be without my DD while I send my stuff off to be worked on.

Dev sends you the bulbs don't need to send the switches or controls out

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score

Like send previously, Dev will only send you out the bulbs. Its so easy, im sure youve done it before! but theirs so many LED companys out there, i just assumed to buy from dev, since its all do it yourself, plus, lots of people run them and its all great feedback!