Inner structure under extended cab body panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hookedup50

Reaction score
I have the typical body rot on passenger side.I ordered the exterior part and replacing rocker panel under door as wellI have purchased all inner structure for under rocker panel but it looks to be intact. Does anyone know if the inner structure is sold for the extended part. Not enough there to decide from schematic off LMC. I don't think it is sold, but would be easier to have exact metal than cut and fit from parts I have for inner door area. I know I could weld outer panel and call it good, but not my style. There is someone with a build thread with green EC 6.5 TD that did this repair but no pics of inner stuff and cannot find thread anyway. Thanks in advance.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to repair it on mine. Its a pretty straight piece so Just got a sheet of metal.

hookedup50

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess it will be clear to me when I cut it out tomorow. Did you have to remove the interior panel or just dig the foam out from the outside. Concerned about fire when welding, even though much less heat stitching to keep warpage to minimum.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I left the panel in but took out the storage bucket and the foam. I then Had a buddy sit in the back seat with a blow gun incase of fires.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I left the panel in but took out the storage bucket and the foam. I then Had a buddy sit in the back seat with a blow gun incase of fires.

My experience with putting fires out with a blow gun has not been good...