Information on 88-98 frames offsets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I have a 1991 Chevy truck that I am in the process converting from a 4.3 to a 383…

My question is does anyone have any information on 88-98 chevy truck that move the motor to the passenger side from the factory. My 383 is setting more to one side and is the away to fix this problem. With the motor setting to the passenger side reg header will not fit.

Thank you for any help of links

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forget what year but they come offset to the passenger side at some point. When I look up headers for my 95 on summit all the headers have it in the footnotes. They have different part numbers depending on if the engine is centered or offset

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I forget what year but they come offset to the passenger side at some point. When I look up headers for my 95 on summit all the headers have it in the footnotes. They have different part numbers depending on if the engine is centered or offset

Do you know how to find out what frame I have... my headers worked in my 1990 swb 350 chevy truck and now i am try to install them in my 1991 that was a 4.3 converted to a 350 truck they will not work. I can install them lose with no problems but when I tight them up them up they hit the back of the frame and the bottom of the cab.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only info I can find anywhere is on the Hedman catalog, it has a footnote that says "late model chassis, engine offset to passanger side, if engine is centered use header part number XXXXXX"

So basically you need to get new headers.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
Only info I can find anywhere is on the Hedman catalog, it has a footnote that says "late model chassis, engine offset to passanger side, if engine is centered use header part number XXXXXX"

So basically you need to get new headers.

I am, i know to know what header to buy. the hooker i want are 450.00 and hooker does not show any truck with an off set motor

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
who are you ordering from? summit? jegs? call them and ask about it. they will know.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know until I read it in the Hedman catalog. I have since not found any other information about it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chapdog97