Info wanted on V6 to V8 swap please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollingTerd

Reaction score
You make an interesting point. Im sure im the last guy on earth to have not messed with any ls engine before. So how do the motor mounts work? Can I buy something off the shelf? Because I'm a sucky fabricator.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You make an interesting point. Im sure im the last guy on earth to have not messed with any ls engine before. So how do the motor mounts work? Can I buy something off the shelf? Because I'm a sucky fabricator.

Just get the engine with mounts from the wrecking yard. Or new V8 mounts. All the V8 mounts are the same, V6 are different. Both bolt to the frame.

I've got a '99 Silverado NBS with 4.3 that is slowly losing oil pressure. I was going to do another 4.3 from wrecking yard, but just realized there's an abundant source of 5.3s locally. I think in my case if I stay with Drive by Cable, I could keep the wiring harness and ECM, but need to get it tuned to specific engine...or get another ECM from 5.3...

pcmpower

Reaction score
the harness is not needed , just a 411 ecm with a tune and a repin of the wiring which can be done in less than 3 hrs