inconsistent voltage at idle with efans + a/c

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Finally put some efans in my truck.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QITR7W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have an AD44 from a 02 suburban 135amp iirc.
Just installed dual batteries (2 red top optimas. i know they have a bad reputation but they have never failed me.)

I have a variable fan controller from DCControls rated a 75 amps. It is wired to run the fans at 50% when a/c is on. ONLY at idle my voltage drops from about 13.83v to 13.00ish.

My main concern is my alternators life expectancy will be decreased by trying to compensate for these erratic draws. And I am tired of wasting money :beatdeadhorse5:

Any one else ever have this issue?

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Ran an extra alt wire(4ga). Extra ground for primary batt to frame. And extra batt has ground at body, motor, and frame. And runs all accessories since its closest to the stock fuse box. All 4 ga wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think it may be something to do with the fan controller but i know i would never get a response from the makers of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That battery isolator is the problem you loose amperage going through that thing.
Get a stinger 200 seloniod will a lot less amperage loss.