In Bed ToolBoxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What I'm looking for are suggestions (and pics hopefully) of what everyone is running for in bed toolboxes. What I want is something that is under the rails and something that I can lock. It'll be used to keep ratchet straps, misc tools and other misc items that I need to carry but don't have room inside the cab. I don't have a preference as to whether it's black or chrome or if it's plastic or metal. Looking for ideas at this point and hope not to break the bank.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made these plates, they bolt to the low ribs in the floor then the box mounts to them through the high rib. I used button head screws so the head wouldn't stick up higher than the high rib.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've also seen people use a cross rail box for a small truck like an S10 bolted to the floor. That's what I was going to do but I ran across this chest box for a decent price first. It's actually in my 78 right now, I made plates to mount it in both trucks so I can swap it as needed.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
TSC

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Here is mine.

My truck had a one piece bed liner in it, but the tool box sat to high with it in.
I removed the bed line and it sits much better. I still think is just a tick too tall, but I'm generally happy with it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cool guys! This is exactly what I was looking for :)

bluex, mounting it was another question I had in my head so thanks for giving some detail about that as well :)

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Nice subject. I was looking for these as well. Has anyone gotten these new for sub $200

Adam

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Here is mine.

My truck had a one piece bed liner in it, but the tool box sat to high with it in.
I removed the bed line and it sits much better. I still think is just a tick too tall, but I'm generally happy with it.

That is beautiful. I would put one of those in my truck in a heartbeat if I could find one. I love that it doesn't stick over the sides and is barely visible with the tailgate shut. I can't find one out here anywhere.