I'm out of ideas, guys. (Truck runs like crap no matter what I do).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Haha I can't even tell y'all how dumb I feel. Still, though, I appreciate all the input and suggestions. Thank you all. We'll see if she's running better tomorrow morning.

I just hope it fixes it man I know how frustrating it can be when you just can't track down a problem

Sent from my static android

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Whelp, picked up new plug wires and wire separators today. Has a bit more pep but still idles like s#!t and died on me after turning it on with the new wires already installed.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
TPS? Mine was doing the exact same thing you have experienced. EXACT!

Throttle position sensor

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
When you check the timing you are unplugging the EST (brown) wire right?

Yes sir, I did! Precisely 0*, and no fluctuations. Should I try advancing it a bit? My dad suggested 3* or 4*, but I've read some people advancing it up to 10* to get them running better.

TPS? Mine was doing the exact same thing you have experienced. EXACT!

Throttle position sensor

My TPS is brand-spanking-new. Had to be replaced because the old one overloaded the multimeter if I opened the throttle too fast.

You aren't losing coolant are you?

As far as I know, nope. The entire engine has no leaks, except for oil on the back of the block, but I confirmed it was the old oil pressure switch that was leaking. No leaking ever since.

^ i second that. also is your knock sensor plugged in?

I took a close look at it the other night. Yes it is plugged in, but how do I know If it is working?

EDIT: Also, I should mention that my distributor is completely opposite of the diagram for the plug wires in my Chilton repair manual. What does that mean? And what I mean is it is flipped 180* from the diagram. (And no, I wasn't looking at either upside down). It has always been like that. I've never had the distributor taken out, and the cap that i replaced only goes on one way.