Im new so i would like to introduce my self and my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Im going to keep the badges for now. umm the hood was on it when i got it, so im not for sure what size it is. how do you measure the size?

A 2 inch cowl means the middle of the hood is raised 2 inches closest to the cowl, the cowl is the plastic part with the windshield washer squirters in it.

A tape measure will do the trick, but I'm 95% sure that's a 2 inch raised cowl induction hood.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill do that tomorrow. i think it is a 2 inch but idk. i traded a 84 caprice to the truck, he had over 7,000 in the truck, he had nothing to drive because the clutch was out and it needed a fuel pump so thats how i ended up with the truck. so i dont know much about it.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A 2 inch cowl means the middle of the hood is raised 2 inches closest to the cowl, the cowl is the plastic part with the windshield washer squirters in it.

A tape measure will do the trick, but I'm 95% sure that's a 2 inch raised cowl induction hood.

oh ok. he said he gave close to 500 for it with paint and everything

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I'm sure you have gone through it but just a warning. If someone says they have 7 grand into a vehicle and won't do something as minuscule as replacing a clutch or fuel pump then they probably put $700 in mismatched parts and "made" them work together and just said it was 7 grand.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure you have gone through it but just a warning. If someone says they have 7 grand into a vehicle and won't do something as minuscule as replacing a clutch or fuel pump then they probably put $700 in mismatched parts and "made" them work together and just said it was 7 grand.

actually i know him very well his wife is related to me and this truck was his baby. his wife's mother had just died and did not have the money to fix it and needed something to use to get around. he put a lot of time and money into it, he did every thing the right way.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

and he did not have the space or tools to do it him self (fuel pump/ clutch)

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Well it's always good when you know the previous owner. I would never buy a truck from someone I know now do I ever let any of my friends work on mine. I don't like having someone to blame if something goes wrong besides myself.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did he put in it that equaled 7 grand? Unless he took it to shops and he added all the labor up, which adds up extremely fast.

he did the small stuff but he had it painted, lowered, hood, bed liner , bed cover,paint, wheels, new tires, rollpan, all done professional