Im new need alittle advice from the vets plzz!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgiaBoi

Reaction score
First off i will like to say whats up to everyone I'm new and i have searched for hours on this forum for a solution, so plz cut me a little slack

i have a 91 TBI 350 runs great very dependable but the only thing is if i press the pedal down *lightly* i mean very lightly it jerks a little with a slight sputter until i pressed it down a little more, it doesn't idle hard or rough and it doesn't cut off while doing this also...

I wouldn't mind alil advice if possible and thanks :)

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Maybe your throttle cable needs to be adjusted :shrug:

I don't know much about these things, but I want to be the first to welcome you!! :welcome:

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Could also be a symptom of a fuel pump starting to show age. Even possibly an injector.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
If you can, check the fuel pressure with a gauge. Inspect the spray coming out of each injector, should be cone-like mist.
I've noticed my truck does the same sort of thing.. Haven't been able to check my pressure unfortunately.

The accelerator pedal in these trucks has always seemed 'sticky' to me.. moves 1/16" of an inch, then itll shoot to an 1" of depression and you'll get a jerk and a stutter, lol.
I've tried lubing the throttle return spring, cutting off the extra plastic between throttle bracket and TBI, the only thing I havent done is pulled the gas pedal out of the truck..
I'll try going under the dash and giving the pedal some lube..

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
There are threads on here about. I'll try to find one and post it up. To be completely honest, I tried lubing everything, cleaning the TB, moving the throttle linkage, etc... and nothing worked. I've just learned to deal with it and I got used to it and it doesn't do it anymore. You will learn how to adjust and take off with out it jerking forward.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
There are threads on here about. I'll try to find one and post it up. To be completely honest, I tried lubing everything, cleaning the TB, moving the throttle linkage, etc... and nothing worked. I've just learned to deal with it and I got used to it and it doesn't do it anymore. You will learn how to adjust and take off with out it jerking forward.

It's a completely different animal with 3 pedals.