New Member in need of help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huichoval

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a 5.7 1993 Silverado 4x4 that hasn't run for almost 2 years. The issue is that sometimes it turns on perfectly but sometimes as soon as you turn it off and try to start it up again it won't start or sometimes if it does start it's hesitating and seems as if it's going to turn off and at other times it turns on with the revolutions high around 2k. The tbi's always spray gasoline whenever you try to start it even when it doesn't turn on. I had the oil pressure bulb sensor changed as it wasn't working and I heard it's connected to fuel pump. The following has been performed on the truck and have put 0 miles on the truck since this was performed except for the oil pressure sensor. Has anybody has a similar issue with their truck?

oil pressure sensor bulb replaced because the needle was going crazy up and down the gauge
distributor changed a few times
spark plugs/wires changed a few times
fuel pump changed a couple of times
computer has been replaced

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got any codes stored?
This is a good manual with some simple enough tests..
It's in the sticky thread