I'm guessing this isn't right....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
So I get home tonight and just happen to look under the truck and see the driver's side torsion key bolt at a 30 deg angle. Passenger side looks good, just the driver's side is like this. I know those are under a lot of pressure so what's the best way to relieve the tension and put the bolt back to 90 deg? Bottle jack, floor jack? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't want to get hurt doing something so simple. Thanks for the help.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep not right.

jack up the front to get the tires off the ground, then the best way is either the torsion bar unloading tool, 2 jawed puller or big c clamp that's got the end ground off.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I have no idea. I know for a fact that I had been under the truck no more than two weeks ago, just doing a once over and it WAS NOT like that. The roads out here in Tucson are absolutely the worst in the nation. I don't know how, but they just fall apart. I'm from Illinois where you've got freezing and thawing and it doesn't hold a candle to Tucson.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Originally from Tuscola. My dad is still there and farms. Sometimes I wish I was still there. I miss the farming, especially since he just built a pretty good size shop/shed where I could work on my truck!