Im an idiot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replacing the IAC today, wanted it a touch tighter, and broke it right off. Im currently hating myself, especially since its friday. Any idea how to get it out?
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

dngr

Reaction score
Take off the throttle body and use a flat bladed screwdriver and push it out?

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plumbing nipple extractor, if you have a small chisel you can try to tap it backwards from the edge.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull it off. Use a small hacksaw blade to internally slice it a couple times and it'll fall out. Don't cut too deep. I would try the easy out thing and small chisel thing first though.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They thread pretty easily, most of the time. The small chisel or punch method will very likely get it right out, especially since it's broken off, there's nothing holding the threads tight. Hell you could probably stick your finger in there and remove it if you try hard enough. :)

They're stupid easy to break; I actually took a throwdown wrench from a junk set and cut it short so that it would be nearly impossible to put too much torque on an IAC with it.

Richard