Illumination fuse keeps popping (SOLVED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Switched in the headlights, gauges weren't lit,hit dash a couple times if something was just loose, checked fuse, #4 I thought, but that wasn't it, #14 was blown, put another in, popped, put one in with lights off, was ok, then switched on then pop. Anyone else have this issue or know were to start?
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a short-to-ground somewhere after the fuse. Start checking that circuit for rubbing wires or melted plug ends. You'll really want a wiring diagram.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just letting you know that it is on the same circuit so I'm confused, if the fuse is blown how is it working fine? that could be the source of your problem right there.
Yea, it only happens when I switch on lights

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This isn't factory is it? Headlight switch plug, white wire wrapped in electrical tape on this brown one. I should find a diagram
You must be registered for see images attach

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
sorry man, in wrong. 14 has nothing to do with the interior lights... 14 must just be dash lights. I assumed these were integrated for some dumb early morning not finished a coffee yet.... I'm getting you some schematics... brb