Idk what to do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
im pretty sure my truck has the same symptoms its fine at cold start but at operating temperature it stumbles a little bit and gets close to dying

No codes or CEL? If no, replace that damn thing. Get a Delphi one, one of the easiest things you'll ever replace on the truck and its cheap.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
Don't use platinum plugs. For some reason our motors hate them. The best plug for a gen 1 is a copper Autolite or Delco plug. And of all the parts you replaced, did you ever change your CTS? Coil?

AMEN TO THIS! i refuse to use any kind of Bosch plugs unless they come in a car factory, i have done 3 tune ups with customer supplied bosch plugs and all three had problems, two of them came back missing like crazy, one (a V6 camaro) wouldnt even start after i put them in so after that i refuse to put them in anything.... for some reason parts stores really push those pieces of crap :p

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
AMEN TO THIS! i refuse to use any kind of Bosch plugs unless they come in a car factory, i have done 3 tune ups with customer supplied bosch plugs and all three had problems, two of them came back missing like crazy, one (a V6 camaro) wouldnt even start after i put them in so after that i refuse to put them in anything.... for some reason parts stores really push those pieces of crap :p

Word!

91RCSBsilvy

Reaction score
No codes or CEL? If no, replace that damn thing. Get a Delphi one, one of the easiest things you'll ever replace on the truck and its cheap.

i did replace it then the CEL came on and idled high at operating temp as well so i took it out and put the old one back in and then the CEL went away but the idle still drops and tries to do

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
i did replace it then the CEL came on and idled high at operating temp as well so i took it out and put the old one back in and then the CEL went away but the idle still drops and tries to do

Did you get an AC Delco or Delphi CTS? Or a cheap store brand?

91RCSBsilvy

Reaction score
Did you get an AC Delco or Delphi CTS? Or a cheap store brand?

bosch should i take it back and get an AC Delco?
i normally put ac delco parts in both my 400's but i sent my girlfriend to get it cuz i put in 60+ hours a week and she got that so i just threw it in.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
bosch should i take it back and get an AC Delco?
i normally put ac delco parts in both my 400's but i sent my girlfriend to get it cuz i put in 60+ hours a week and she got that so i just threw it in.

Yeah I'd get a AC Delco or Delphi one, Bosch is junk.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
TunerPro works with OBDI vehicles. Then you get this:

http://aldlcable.com/sc/details.asp?item=aldlobd1u

Which is an OBDI USB ALDL cable. Ive been using this tuning setup ( along with burning equipment from moates.net ) to tune my car for a long time.

Just go to TunerPro.net and download the BIN and Datastream definitions for your truck...

Before anything - sorry Chris I had to threadjack somewhat -.-
I've got TunerPro, can't find BIN or Datastream definitions for my truck.. if you could help that would be unreal.

AND back on topic.. Chris.. you weren't throwing any codes during all this? and it was your O2 sensor? The ****.. was this 92 or 98?