I want your opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I haven't heard of issues, but cost vs piece of mind could play a role. I could imagine an oil pump being a pita to change in the truck. Let alone in a swapped truck.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I got save this thread for when i pull my 5.3 out

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So. Umm. I am seriously considering a whipple side mount supercharger... Then I NEED a T56 6 speed...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So. Umm. I am seriously considering a whipple side mount supercharger... Then I NEED a T56 6 speed...

I would definitely like to see this happen. I considered a T56 swap recently after I blew up my 4L60E, but decided against it as it would be kind of a waste with my V6. Plus I didn't really want to hack up my floor, sort of proud of my truck's originality. I thought abut it real hard, though!

EDIT - Who was it that did the original write up on this? Aloicious maybe?

DOUBLE EDIT - Yup, found it.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/t56.html

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotcha. I came across a decent deal that I need to make a decision on tomorrow morning. If it was just the whipple I would have already paid the man. 400+ horses sounds sooooo nice but the bang of NV3500 spreading across the highway sure doesn't. I just can't bring myself to an automatic.