I want a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Probably wrong section but oh well. In a few weeks or sound tax time which ever time money allows I plan on buying a 4x4 Tahoe. Questions start as:

What problems should I look for?

How common at the ones with the tailgate?

Price range?

And what years should I avoid? ( other than 95)

Anything else I should avoid?

I know there's a lot of knowledge on here so let's discuss

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you plan on doing with a Tahoe? Towing, lift and 4 wheel, run around truck? I have a 96 with 280K on it and still running strong. Hate to let her go but can't afford to keep three trucks on the road any more. Been a fantastic vehicle. What year range are you looking in, ie OBS, NBS?

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
What do you plan on doing with a Tahoe? Towing, lift and 4 wheel, run around truck? I have a 96 with 280K on it and still running strong. Hate to let her go but can't afford to keep three trucks on the road any more. Been a fantastic vehicle. What year range are you looking in, ie OBS, NBS?

I certainly wouldn't mind an OBS how much are you lookig to get out of it?

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I hear that quite often, but with me being an owner of a 95, I just don't get it.

Yes, the cluster and HVAC controls are different, but 96+ clusters are plug-and-play while the 96+ controls can be used with an adapter harness. 96+ ashtray drops right in too. The 97+ dash fits if you remove the airbag, use the 95 harness, and keep the 97 upper ductwork.

And yes, the tan interior is darker and the 4L60E is an oddball, just like some other years. You got me there. Of course it's still TBI like the earlier years, but I kinda like having the TBI setup with the newer interior. Different strokes, different strokes and all that crap.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
I hear that quite often, but with me being an owner of a 95, I just don't get it.

Yes, the cluster and HVAC controls are different, but 96+ clusters are plug-and-play while the 96+ controls can be used with an adapter harness. 96+ ashtray drops right in too. The 97+ dash fits if you remove the airbag, use the 95 harness, and keep the 97 upper ductwork.

And yes, the tan interior is darker and the 4L60E is an oddball, just like some other years. You got me there. Of course it's still TBI like the earlier years, but I kinda like having the TBI setup with the newer interior. Different strokes, different strokes and all that crap.

Sent from my Nintendo 64
Not knocking it that's just what I've heard they're kind of hit and miss but I'm thinking the Tahoe above might become mine soon

sent from my 3/4 ton galaxy s5