I see a camper shell, and want to paint it black.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My newly accquired trucks paint has certainly seen better days, and someday I might like to get it repainted, but it is definitely not in the cards now, or anytime soon. The truck is black, but the camper shell is Gold......I know.

But the camper shell is a damn nice one, has perfect lines to go with the truck. But until the day comes when I can get them both painted, I'd like to get them to match up a little better. But i'm looking for something cheap and easy....It does not necessarilly have to be all that durable or high quality.

My dad has an FJ40 Landcruiser, and he used white boat paint to do the top (with a roller) it acutally came out pretty smooth. Only thing is that most black boat paint is for the Hull (anitfouling) and I don't know how it would hold up to the sun.

This may sound ghetto, but I would even paint this ***** with exterior latex paint....if it would stick. Not opposed to a vinyl job either.

Attachments

• 2012-01-29 18.00.32.jpg
    2012-01-29 18.00.32.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2012-01-29 17.59.40.jpg
    2012-01-29 17.59.40.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: