I need some direction for my Hoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think removing the side steps would expose the huge sag in frame that you get from a 3in bl. The rear bumper relocation could be not worth it, have you ever consider a TireGate?? http://www.tiregate.com/hg-series/ also a roof rack. cowl hood and some tows could spice it up too. what exactly is your budget.

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys!

I agree on the gunmetal for the wheels. They're currently sprayed a matte silver as I didn't like the shine factor.

I'm concerned removing the running boards will expose too much frame. I may try taking off one side and seeing what it looks like.

Raising the bumper would be ideal, however on the 4 door Tahoe the only way to do so requires cutting the frame. I'm still up in the air about it.

What's your thoughts on adding spacers to my stock wheels? I really like the factory wheel look but I agree they need to have a bit more offset.

Anyway, this is what I've done for now with the dip dilemma;

You must be registered for see images

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I would keep the steps, personally i like em and am gonna try to get a set for mine, color match front bumper, raise rear bumper, gmt800 rear bumper color matched, hidden hitch, cowl hood

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sweet two door okie! I love that front end!

I would keep the steps, personally i like em and am gonna try to get a set for mine, color match front bumper, raise rear bumper, gmt800 rear bumper color matched, hidden hitch, cowl hood

Gmt 800 bumper? You're talking about doing a swap like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

cochino12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Tahoe! Please don't put black wheels on it, damn I cant wait for that fad to fade haha. Get the rear bumper raised, get some wider wheels and you'll be set. What are you doing to do about the receiver hitch when the bumper is raised? I think the gap between the bumper and the hitch looks MUCH worse than the low bumper. I say keep the running boards to hide the body lift.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sweet two door okie! I love that front end!

Gmt 800 bumper? You're talking about doing a swap like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes like that, except colormatched and with the hidden hitch, which is designed to be placed behind a rollpan, with bl and bumper raised the hidden hitch puts it even with the bottom of the bumper

okiemudslinger

Son's BEAST
Reaction score
Sweet two door okie! I love that front end!

thanks my truck is painted with bed liners both white and black and I'm looking to build some rock-sliders now and possibly a front bumper for a winch.