I need some direction for my Hoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where I'm sitting today. Not a huge fan of chrome, but I think it compliments the front end. I've dipped the lower half of the front bumper and my rear. Rear bumper sits low from the body lift.

I really don't know where I want to go from here. Black wheels? Peel it back off? Something else?

Not such a big fan of the rear end, I think the bumper looks retarded. Would you have it cut and welded?

Thanks guys!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Have you ever thought about pulling the running boards? Unless you need them, I'd take them off. These look much cleaner and higher without them.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Not that I'm any good at styling, but my thoughts would be raise the rear bumper to start. That gap is what throws the whole look off.

Option 1] Remove the bumper and install a roll pan painted to match. For the front, Color match the bumper and grille if. Gun metal colored wheels. Not too dark and not chrome.

Option 2] IF you go back to the full chrome bumpers, then maybe replace the running boards with a set of stainless step bars. Chrome wheels

Just my thoughts, so I hope this helps

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would first fix the rear bumper by raising it. Then colormatch your bumpers and remove all chrome. Then get some nice black wheels.

ThePlague

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts.... de-mold/de-badge, like stated above delete the running boards unless you need them. get a color match grill. maybe clear headlights an corners? if you dont like the rear bumper maybe get a roll pan if that tickles youre fancy. black wheels would look good also. just some ideas.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
i can see black wheels and yeah like said above a roll pan could replace the bumper and i know some roll pans that have tailights in them so u can get rid of them or you can have the exhaust exit out the roll pan if you paint that to match then you HAVE! to color match you bumper and i would remove the running boards if you still want a step then rocksliders are much better i always liked the look of these truxks with either HI5 lights or a visor on the roof but thats my own opinion at the end of the day its your truck so you should do what you think looks good

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
In my opinion, don't do a black wheel, you could paint them to match the body, or a contrasting color that is darker than the look of the factory wheel. Color matching the grille is always a nice touch, as well a roll pan. Have you considered a cowl induction hood?

Black wheels with that much tire sidewall would look a bit like ********* donuts. Matte wheel finishes are always nice too. Matte gunmetal or matte bronze could work.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
In my opinion, don't do a black wheel, you could paint them to match the body, or a contrasting color that is darker than the look of the factory wheel. Color matching the grille is always a nice touch, as well a roll pan. Have you considered a cowl induction hood?

Black wheels with that much tire sidewall would look a bit like ********* donuts. Matte wheel finishes are always nice too. Matte gunmetal or matte bronze could work.

go with the cowl hood!