I keep replacing thermostat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Bump. Id like to not keep replacing $23 switchs. Could when the ac comes on be overloading the switch and foiling out the switch?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plug you are trying to remove from the intake doesn't go to a coolant passage, so there's no point in trying to remove it. I would suggest getting a new thermostat housing that has a port in it for a temperature switch like the one you have there. I'll see what I can find for you.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like an '80 Chevy pickup with a 305 or 350 has a T-stat housing with the appropriate port on it, but it will likely require a new upper radiator hose and some creative routing to install, as I think the alternator mounting position on the TBI trucks may be in the way. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish though.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Thanks thats a great idea. See this is what I'm talking about, different ideas. I didn't even think off going with this. I just ordered one.

Last edited:

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Looks like an '80 Chevy pickup with a 305 or 350 has a T-stat housing with the appropriate port on it, but it will likely require a new upper radiator hose and some creative routing to install, as I think the alternator mounting position on the TBI trucks may be in the way. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish though.

Thank SAATR it worked perfect heres the final result.

You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
theres also a port on the top of the waterpump for future reference, i run my switch on the side of the head and never have an issue although i ran mine so that i hav ethe second fan to come on with a switch not the ac, i found that way wasnt to my liking, but i use dual relays, dual breakers and so on.