I can't peel out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I should be able to do some mad burn out's after all this work I just did. At least better be able to.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 97 5.7L will fry um and bark a second by just flooring the gas from a dead stop, on dry pavement. 342s in rear. I want to make mine hook up better. It is hard as hell to get traction in wet conditions. And when you want to leave your bud at the red light, you can't nail it, you have to ease in to it not to just sit there and do the one wheel peel. I know that adding weight in the bed will solve this, but I don't want to drive around with an old fridge in the bed LOL. I have thought about welding some steel inside the receiver hitch, I just need to fine some scrap steel I guess.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
It didn't like this one bit but it did it..
Also this was long before i realized someone had tossed the eng1 fuse, so MAF/cam pos sensor weren't working, so I guess she was in limp mode? ABS was being a bugger too.
I'm sure it could do better now, but it'll cost me the rear end this time lol, carrier is worn out like a 5 dollar hooker.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Verdict is in. All put together and it could hardly put itself on a trailer. My heart is officially broken.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 4.3 with 3.42s now burns them hard at WOT shifting up into second (to a point where I've had to let off of it to keep from going sideways) and will burn them from a stop when I want it to. Not exactly bone stock, though. :)

Verdict is in. All put together and it could hardly put itself on a trailer. My heart is officially broken.

What happened? Hate to hear about GMT400s in distress.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
My 4.3 with 3.42s now burns them hard at WOT shifting up into second (to a point where I've had to let off of it to keep from going sideways) and will burn them from a stop when I want it to. Not exactly bone stock, though. :)

What happened? Hate to hear about GMT400s in distress.
Dropped it off at a shop because it needed final timing set anyways and after adjusting valves four times and not getting it right I said I'm done. Got to the sip and it was limping around on four cylinders. They adjusted the valves again and got it running on all 8. Set the final timing and boom. She runs smooth as glass. Now to get new pipe flanges put on because the ones that are on now are rotted terribly. After that she should run like a ***** ape. Timing and valve adjustment put my bill under $300. I'm pretty happy actually. Still disappointed in myself because I couldn't get it right on my own. I also changed the oil in it today once I got it back. Bunch of junk on the magnet from cleaning the motor up. Put about 30 miles on the oil and filter. Figured it should be enough to clean the major gunk out. Another 500 miles and it'll get its usual full synthetic and 10k mile filter. I used synthetic blend right after reassembly and for this change. I'm A firm believer in synthetics. Especially after taking it apart and seeing how clean it was and knowing how dirty it was when I bought it. And the blend was on sale. 5 quarts was 2 bucks more than conventional. Cheapo fram filter for the initial fire and short drive. Purolator pure one for the 500mile system clean and Napa platinum(wix) will go on after with full synthetic.

I'm so happy to have it back. I put alot of blood sweat and tears into it the past two weeks. It feels like its finally paying off now.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Werterion

Reaction score
Nonsense! Lets use Jake as an example, lol. I have done a few myself, in both a worn out 5.7, and the 6.5.

agreed also used to do them in the ol farm truck we had, was a 78 1500 with a 350. 30 yr old truck with 980000km on it still did them like a friggin champ. retired the old girl in 2011 because the frame puked on it finally, ill tell ya you almost need a change of pants when truck folds in half and your suddenly looking at the ground when you have a trailer with 3 round bales on it

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '94 TBI has roasted a set of 265/70R17 (32"x10.5") BFG All Terrain K/O2 C rated tires before in the high school parking lot at 2 AM one night.

Thats the biggest burnout MY TBI 350 has done. 3.73's, 4L60E. Can't wait to put a 383 in it :hmm:

My buddy's '92 on the other hand, had a set of 31" M/T's on it, and we stopped at a stop sign.

Shifted into second and held the M/T's at 80 KM/H. Smoke instantly started rising behind the cab, the inbetween had smoke rising out of it, was the biggest burnout I've ever been in a vehicle for.

Truck only had single 3" exhaust, a flowmaster 40, stock y-pipe, cut out cat, TB spacer and advanced timing. As well as a transgo HD shift kit.