hypertech chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1996 C3600 7.4L , does hyper tech make just a chip to put in my truck or someone else. i am just looking for a little cheap and simple HP, I am going too add a cold air intake on it too, any suggestions on the best one

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Contact Black Bear Performance, they are the #1 (and really only ones) to offer solid tuning on 96-00 Black box computers.

Hypertech offers a "programmer" that lets you change shift points, tire-size, and maybe fuel tunes. You can spend the same amount on a tune from BB and get so much more improved in the tune.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 for a Black Bear tune, same price as the Hypertech and you can adjust so much more. Free alterations to the tune for life, you just pay shipping on the PCM.

Also if you're dead set on buying a cold air intake kit, Volant is the only one that's actually an upgrade from the factory setup. Everything else draws hot air from inside the engine compartment and will raise your intake air temps significantly.