Howdy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overtime

Reaction score
My name is MattD and I joined this forum hoping to share my knowledge and get educated when necessary. This is my first street/strip pickup build. I have been drag racing for over 25 years and I love to street race.

I have disassembled my drag car and the motor and maybe the trans from it are going into the truck. The motor is a little 388 that I just had refreshed. 11-1 compression, Trick Flow 195's, Team G intake, Holley Super Sniper fuel injection and and and...

I put my test motor in the truck to get all the bugs and 27 year old truck problems worked out before throwing the power at it. But now I'm having fuel mixture problems, running really rich, and I don't feel like wasting money on getting the GM TBI unit running right, so I will probably be putting my 388 in soon.

So now that opens up another small headache. 700r4 to TH350 swap. I've swapped plenty of 60's for 80's in 4th gen f-bodies and NBS trucks but I don't think I have ever done this swap.

My biggest concern is keeping the speedometer. Will the magnetic pickup from the 700 go in the 350? I guess I will be finding out soon enough.