How to wire up a binary switch on a 97 c1500 4.3 (LQ4 Swapped)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgze99

Reaction score
Hey I’m on the final stretch of finally installing my A/C system. All I need is to wire up the binary switch and have the compressor clutch engage. It’s an after market compressor with only one wire (no high pressure cut off switch) How did you guys wire up your binary switch? Thank you

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mean the low pressure switch. Technical nomenclature binary. But mortals use low pressure switch. Which is usually mounted on the low side. System pressure to low , switch opens and compressor electric clutch loses power.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can wire it in or after the clutch cycle switch, all it needs is to be able to interrupt the circuit

Jgze99

Reaction score
You can wire it in or after the clutch cycle switch, all it needs is to be able to interrupt the circuit

It’s LS swapped so I’m using a different pcm but still have the original fuse box, do you think I can run a wire from the A/C relay directly to it?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s LS swapped so I’m using a different pcm but still have the original fuse box, do you think I can run a wire from the A/C relay directly to it?
You can go directly from relay

When I did mine I kept the pcm in the loop to control it like factory

Jgze99

Reaction score
You can go directly from relay

When I did mine I kept the pcm in the loop to control it like factory
So on the AC relay I tested the voltage on the 4 wires that run into it. I got 12v on the 2 fuse wires (AC & Comp Clutch fuse) but the wire (Green) that originally went to the compressor clutch I’m not getting anything at all. I’m sorry I’m new to this wiring stuff. I probably should’ve done it like your set up

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me get a diagram and see, You maybe missing the pcm signal because that truck originally had the pcm in the circuit