How To Put LEDs in Moonie Gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian

Reaction score
Just what I needed.

Later dashes, (mines a 90) always looked so easy. Originally I was going to swap out the cluster for one with a tach, but have since found out that the plug in the rear is different. I was just going through my Hanes and all it said was to not remove the back panel, which I thought would give me access to the bulbs. I never would have guessed to go through the front without this article. And, I can polish out the lower part of the clear cover, where somebody must have used the cluster to put stuff, therefore scratching the plastic. I needed access to bulbs to see why my odo and trip meter didn't light up very well.

Thanks again

PS. One thing the Hanes did show was how to get proper access to the gear indicator wire. I had removed it at the wreckers easily enough to get the cluster out, (when I was intending the swap for the tach one) but thought it was going to be a royal pain to get it re-connected.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has done the HVAC stuff yet. I know that the digital panel will be a pain, but what about just the buttons?

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can this be done to a 94 cluster with the tach? same amount of bulbs? (5)?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can this be done to a 94 cluster with the tach? same amount of bulbs? (5)?

This thread is purely about the moonie clusters. There are other threads here that discuss the '91-'94 needle clusters. I have never touched one of those clusters and will not attempt to act like I know anything for sure about them.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh. sorry. my apologies. for reference whats a " moonie" cluster? what do I have? the 94 "Pre-moonie"? lol