How To Put LEDs in Moonie Gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireshaker

Reaction score
So to keep the green gauges I need to use green leds? Would I not be able to use clear leds and leave the film? Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered, I just want to clarify.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
So to keep the green gauges I need to use green leds? Would I not be able to use clear leds and leave the film? Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered, I just want to clarify.

yeah you could use either one green leds or white leds would work fine, if you were to get a white it would probably be brighter than using green ones imo

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you used the blue LED's with your green backing? I want mine to look like yours. I want the bright blue look, tired of the dull green. How long overall would you say it took?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
So you used the blue LED's with your green backing? I want mine to look like yours. I want the bright blue look, tired of the dull green. How long overall would you say it took?

I used red in mine I had to cut the green backing off the op I think used blue as far as overall time for just the led swap I would say about an hour or so and that's including pulling the cluster and reinstalling everything

Sent from my static android

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
how much did this swap cost jw?

dunno I was gonna buy from deven but my wife ended up getting me some leds from somewhere :shrug: but it did cost me a dremel lol

Sent from my static android

Last edited:

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
^^ I never recalibrated mine... I took them from a different truck, stuck it into mine. And everything was good to go...