how to justify another vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I want to buy an 86 Fiero. I have checked it out and am confident it will be good but I don't think it would be a good idea to buy it without asking my pops who lives back home, since he still pays all the bills. The only way to justify it that I have is that way I have a backup vehicle in case my truck magically craps out on me 7.5 hours away from home. Anybody have any other reasons I could use?

Thanks

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
better gas mileage :shrug: I don't know how good the mpg is with those...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Tell him the car will guarantee he gets grand children. And tell him not to tell mom.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well ive pulled the it was dirt cheap trick 4 times already, same situation as you. they didnt like it when i had two project cars and my truck though. after they noticed i made some money parting what i didnt need out of them it was fine, but take into consideration neither of mine ran, so if yours runs thats a huge plus just dont expect it to get trailer queen treatment.

wintimidator

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses it will run, it has to because I will have to drive it home in 6 months, and I don't want to spend more than $2K

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a Firebird - it was a 6 cylinder manual, just the perfect car for me... good mileage plus good looks- the guy was asking $1200 for it but I talked him down to $600. It ran good and everything, he just needed the money. I told my parents- my Dad was like "Yeah, go for it!" my mom was like "NO WAY- NOT A FIREBIRD". (she hates them... and she did not want one in her driveway... that was a bum deal... I should have bought that) :nono:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
How does one justify owning a fiero... PERIOD! I joke.
Depends if you plan on insuring both of them at the same time. If the price of 2nd vehicle combined with insurance/gas will be cheaper.. then go for it. Just don't dig a hole ya can't climb out of!

monical

Reaction score
I think the most important thing to judge a car will depend on your needs. But you should also measure the advantages and disadvantages

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
If you're in school or something then pass.

You don't need that kind of albatross around your neck and another will come along down the road somewhere....