How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of a NON AC console with the cover off of it?

I installed a sat radio in my friends tuck and mounted it to the blank cover on his and it looked the same as mine does with the AC.

Thats what I am confused about.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suburban console will not fit the dic. You either need a pickup ohc or make the blazer console work To be able to have the dic.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Well my friends console in his truck is original to it and it is the same as mine minus the AC control. I can pop his blank cover off and put in the AC controls and vise versa with mine.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
This is my current console

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the one I bought yesterday

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I have posted this console on craigslist and will be searching for the correct setup.

At least I know this one works. But I wasnt paying attention when I pulled it out that it didnt have the MPG on it. No data wire. This one would be a good canidate for the OBDI guys. ;-)

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
The lens will pop out of the blazer console an right into place where the blank trim piece goes.

I do believe the consoles with rear a/c controls are different. I think the cavity is bigger in them. I just popped the blank cover out of my console, slid the DIC unit in and clipped the lens over it.....

he has the original style one, he needs the slim style that does not fit rear controls

he has this style with the bigger front area
You must be registered for see images

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
or diesel guys

the console you need looks like your original one but has the same front area as the s10 blazer style you bought

usually find in extended cab pickups and crew cabs years 96+

Ya diesels too. I forgot that they cant run the MPG. I wouldnt mind having just the temp and compass but I would like to see how my truck is on MPG ,and because my sender is a little screwy at times, I would also like to know how many miles till empty. Maybe that part wouldnt help because my sender is a little goofy. But still a nice feature to have.

I didnt even know they made the other style of these consoles that have the same front as the blazer. Thats why I was confused.

Now that I know what I am looking for I am on the hunt. I have already found 2 on sleeze bay but they are too damn much. I will just keep an eye out for pull a parts inventory and as soon as one shows up I will go look at it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the mpg an range are not correct on our trucks because it's calibrated for a blazer with a 4.3. My mpg reads low an with a full tank the range only reads about 280 miles.

This is a neat thing to have, but you need to know that before putting all the work in to install it....