How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If ya want I can go get ya a temp/compass only from the junkyard tomorrow

Not to intrude, but I have some comp/temp mirrors if you decide you want the console area for something else.

#1 are the homelink panels you have for the factory obs consoles?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
well.....verdict is in.... its the diesel data stream that it does not play nice with, i hooked it up to a 98 k3500 5.7/4l80e and it stays working

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If ya want I can go get ya a temp/compass only from the junkyard tomorrow

If you came a crossed one in the yard, I am interested in putting one in, if you could get the compass sensor along with it. lmk thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you came a crossed one in the yard, I am interested in putting one in, if you could get the compass sensor along with it. lmk thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Well the only ones around me are the DIC's in the long overhead consoles, they do not have an external compass sensor like shown in that pic.

They function the same just less wires to deal with.

I will get ya one the next time I'm at the JY.

You only want Compass/temp?

EDIT: Just realized your truck is a 94:lol: You're sneaky!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well.....verdict is in.... its the diesel data stream that it does not play nice with, i hooked it up to a 98 k3500 5.7/4l80e and it stays working

I just realized something Ken...... Did you have the diesel running and the console would show -- or was it off but had key on?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I just realized something Ken...... Did you have the diesel running and the console would show -- or was it off but had key on?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk
both ways, it would every time i turn the key on or start the truck it would show some data for about a minute and then go to -- for everything except the compass, the temp was the only data that was accurate, my avg speed would jump up over 200 mph just backing up