How to bag that truck of yours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll check those out, airlift dominator 2600 says max load 3,055lbs at 100psi. That won't work, just when you think you have things figured out. I appreciate the info
I have been running the helper bags with 1/2 ton springs on my 1 ton. I removed the original springs because my wife hated the ride. It has worked out well with about 20 to 40 psi. I just wanted to be able to lower the hole truck for shows, put things on the roof rack etc.
I thought about getting 1/2 ton lowering springs or have the ones I have de arched.

Attachments

• 20200506_171856.jpg
    20200506_171856.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20200829-140902_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200829-140902_Photos.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 126065.jpeg
    126065.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helper bags aren't designed to support the weight of the truck alone. They probably will, until they don't.
If ride quality is what you're after, don't run bag over axle. It's a harsh ride.

The helpers on my NBS daily provide about 2 inches of bed travel. My dually moves about 9 inches.

I think you can get where you want to be, but I think you're gonna need different bags.

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to continue on with the 4 link and see what measurements I have at heights I desire.
I know there is a lot to consider with the ride quality from wheel & tire size per side wall height and firmness to bag size and pressure.
I drive a little aggressive so I prefer a little firmness, I don't care for body roll so I need to find that balance between soft ride and handling.
I guess if I had to choose I'd prefer firm ride with the ability to lower the truck 4-6 inches of that makes sense.
I plan on using a 1.5" rear anti sway bar (roadmaster) with the 4 link and I will be using a stiff or adjustable shock too.
I found 300psi tire gauge on Amazon for $50 bucks I think I may order it to see what my front bags are at pressure wise with weight on them to be safe. I have 4 corner scales and have weighed it with the front corners at about 1,850lbs each. That's wheel, tire, everything not sprung weight. The front bags are rated for about 2,000lbs so I don't know how much sprung weight would be on it.

Last edited:

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have temporarily put separate 1/4 lines on each with a Schrader valves. I have to jack it up put air into each bag with shop compressor then lower it onto the ground. The tire gauges I now have only go up to 120psi and they are maxed out. So again this is where I do not understand how the bag can be rated at about 2,000lbs and 100psi.
I know they hold now and I have driven it but it sounds like from what you guys are saying I'm rolling the dice on how long before they could blow out?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's because they're not designed to support the weight of a truck by themselves. They're rated to HELP the springs support extra weight.

Yes, IMO you're rolling the dice running bags that are consistently overinflated.

What are you doing for onboard air? You'll need a way to monitor tank and bag pressure, what's your plan for that?

dzynda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's because they're not designed to support the weight of a truck by themselves. They're rated to HELP the springs support extra weight.

Yes, IMO you're rolling the dice running bags that are consistently overinflated.

What are you doing for onboard air? You'll need a way to monitor tank and bag pressure, what's your plan for that?
I'm talking about the fronts now, they are made for support, they are a coilover with the bag.
Accuair rated at 200psi
2) 5 gallon tanks
2) pumps
4) valves
1) app which monitors it or a digital in dash gauge