How much gas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7Brandon07

Reaction score
Hey here so was driving my car everything was fine parked it tried to start it it wouldn’t found out it wasn’t getting gas, I’m assuming it’s the fuel pump, I can’t hear the fuel pump but I never have on this one, anyways the other thing is my gas gauge has not been accurate when tanks full it reads half full but it says there’s a 1/4 tank which I could run around just fine with that before, but since it’s not accurate I assume it’s inaccuracy could change, I did put a gallon of gas in my tank to see if it would start it didn’t, so my question is how much gas needs to be in a tank for a fuel pump to pick up ? And start the car is one gallon enough ? Other thing I’d too I usually only put 20-40$ in the tank at a time the last 2 times I filled the tank up completely could that have plugged the fuel filter ? Thanks

7Brandon07

Reaction score
I do have another question, if I were to take my fuel filter off put a bucket on there turn the key on if my fuel pump does it work it should push a bit of gas ?

7Brandon07

Reaction score
So yesterday I did drop by battery off at auto parts store to have it charged, the battery has either always been a bit weak or the alternator is but if I’d run the headlights and the heater it would knock the level down in the voltometer gauge in my truck to about 9 which is low, on the gauge with no lights or heater on it would read close to 13, anyways went there see if the battery was charged now there saying it tests bad when I dropped it off the lady who wasn’t there today said it tested good, so could be they want to sell me a battery, but in the event my battery is bad is it a little likely it could not be giving my fuel pump enough power ? The battery does crank my engine over though, but never has very quickly like all my other vehicles which were also GM this truck always since I owned it cranked over on the slower side but always did start my truck up until Wednesday, thanks for any input someone can provide in that one