How many Silverados with manual trannys?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
even rarer would be a short cab short bed in a 2500 series! Not sure that, that's ever been built!!

Anyhow, im jealous of all you's that have manual in your Silverado's!!! I only wish my dually had one! Trying to find one around here is like trying to dig for gold in your backyard!

This never came factory. It is something that i am building. It was a 1998 k2500 single cab long bed cheyenne with a 5.7 vortec, nv4500 manual, and 4.10 gears from the factory. I have shortened it and put a 1/2 ton z71 short bed on it. It is also getting all the interior and options off the truck the bed came off of installed on it. It will be a "silverado" when its done, but it did not come that way. I have a thread on it, but idk how to post a link. Search for 98 k2500 single cab short bed.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '90 K2500 Silverado is a 5.7 with an SM465 and 3.42 gears. Kind of jealous of all of you with that overdrive!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Almost forgot, your mention of the SM465 rang a bell. Had an '88 GMC C1500 parts truck that was 5.7 / SM465 (RPO M20) but the emblems and stuff were already gone, so I don't know if it was an SLE, and it had manual windows. Cloth interior with split bench, carpet, and if I recall a tilt column - and it had the chrome grille and quad sealed beams - so MAYBE it was an SLE that just had manual windows? Dunno. SPID label on it was hosed (black tar goo covering a big piece of it) and it was too old to come up in compnine... RPO V22 is on there so it did originally come with the chrome grille, anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

Amazingly, that sonofabitch still ran. Smoked like crazy, totally worn rings. Transmission was still good, which was less of a surprise. Hard to kill an SM465.

A sharp eye might notice those extended cab windows are the style that are glued to the body. They don't open. No hinges and no holes in the glass, or body, for them. First year weird stuff man...

Richard

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting stuff, thanks… Love my 350, 5 spd, 3.73 combo… plan on keeping this truck forever!

BluCallrBallr

Reaction score
I own a 97 Z71 RCSB 5.7 w/5spd man Silverado pkg. I bought it new Dec of 98 in Sun City AZ. Its been my experience the 5.7 w/5spd man combo is very rare as most manual trans came with a 4.3 or 5.0. I have had my share of problems with my truck and I haven't given it the easiest life either but random people still make offers to buy it just because of the rarity.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
91 silverado rcsb here. 5.7 with 5 speed..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Its been my experience the 5.7 w/5spd man combo is very rare as most manual trans came with a 4.3 or 5.0.

Agree/disagree. Since the topic is "How many Silverados with manual trannys?" I think it's not uncommon to see them coupled with a 5.7. I posted examples of three that I owned. Not a Silverado but I also had a 1988 C2500LD with 5.7/SM465; it was a base model.

I'll still maintain I have bragging rights of most rare of all (at least in terms of manual trans) - the C1500 2WD 5.7/NV4500! :gr_grin:

Richard

KeithJ

Reaction score
I've got a '91 Brilliant Blue Silverado Sportside. Its got a 350, 5spd, posi, 3:42 gears. I special ordered it in'91. Its also got the tachometer gauges, and the blue 454SS seats. Its my daily driver with 279,000 miles on it.
You must be registered for see images attach