How i get rid of rust on my rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm usually pretty good about keeping the chrome rims polished. This year with all the wacked out weather we've had I haven't touched them at all. The rust is really bad cause they started using salt this year in Washington. its all over,lugs center caps. how do I get rid of it. was thinking SOS pads and then getting that Flitz buffing pad and compound Ghats been around for years. Any ideas

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm usually pretty good about keeping the chrome rims polished. This year with all the wacked out weather we've had I haven't touched them at all. The rust is really bad cause they started using salt this year in Washington. its all over,lugs center caps. how do I get rid of it. was thinking SOS pads and then getting that Flitz buffing pad and compound Ghats been around for years. Any ideas

I'm from Connecticut and am used to things rusting haha. the center caps on my dd started rusting and this may sound weird but get a rag and wd40 and scrub the crap outta it. dosent remove the bubbled rust but gets the chrome back

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
#0000 steel wool and glass cleaner as lubricant so you dont see scuff marks in the chrome