how do i pull a 99 tahoe dash out? please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want to shave and paint my dash so i wanted to pull the hole thing out then do it that way.how hard is it to get it out and in?does anyone know if theres a thread on here on doing it? step by step pictures would help alot also.thanks guys

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no pic's, first pull the plastic panel under the steering column out, then the knee bolster steel plate underneath it, then remove or drop all the way down the steering column, remove the kick panel's on both sides of the truck, next remove 2 bolt's one on each side right above the kick panel area, they go up, then remove the 3-7mm screws that mount attach the dash to the firewall below the windshield. At that point the dash will rotate down, and there will be a lot of wiring to disconnect and remove. The dash can then be pulled up and off of the 2 small steel peg's that it rest's on when tilted down. On a 97+ dash with passenger side airbag there may be another bolt or 2 underneath the passenger airbag to be removed after you pull the glovebox off, I haven't done one of those to know.