how do convert a dually to a regular axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well It's pretty straight forward, but some model's of these truck's use different spring hanger's the other's due to the spring pack's being 1 in. more inboard on the frame because of having dual wheel's versus a single wheel, but not every dually is that way it just depend's on how it's suspension options. So basically remove spring's, wheel's, remove the dually overload spring bumpstop's, and axle, swap the bed out for a single wheel bed, and very possibly change the driveshaft, the dually rear end has a longer pinion than the single wheel but you may have the slack available in the carrier bearing. Then install new single wheel, spring's rearend, etc.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
ok thanks ive been looking for a crew cab and the only ones i can find are duallys.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's what I want is another crew cab dually, I have a good 8 lug 14 bolt full floater single wheel rear end sitting in my yard, I would throw in the leaf spring's too!