How Did You Get To Your GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought it the summer after I turned 16 and its been my only vehicle so far. Hope to add another as a winter beater this winter.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I do not feel like finding pictures of all these but here goes nothing...

99 Choo-choo customs GMC 2wd Suburban
04 Expedition 2wd
95 Land Rover Discovery (Still own it)

Then came my 98 k1500 bought it stock and sold it like this

Sold that and bought my 2000 k2500 ccsb with ifs and sold it like this (it went through a few different stages but ended on 35s)

Sold that and bought my 05 z71

gave it to my mom for gas reasons and now I have this
04 VW GTI VR6

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
1992 maroon ford taurus ( one winter morning went out to start it and sheared off all of the distributor gears)
1998 Maroon Mercury Mountaineer (bought with bad tranny)
1999 Blue Ford F150 extended cab (traded the Mountaineer off and bought this)
CURRENT: 1995 Extended cab Chevy. (traded for F150)

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
ok my first truck was a gmt 400
first truck 88 GMC longbed

then while I had that a bought a 94 Cavilier for $400 (no picS)
then sold the cavy and bought an 03 SCSB with a 5.3(no pics either :nono:)
sold the nbs and bought this

then finally traded the 88 off and had this 96 for about 3 weeks

then sold the 96 and bought this

wife wrecked her car so I traded the 09 in for a 2010 ALtima (not worth pics)
after the NNBS was gone I needed something else because all I had was the 84 so I bought this for $150

then the engine blew in the blazer so I bought my tahoe

then, in a moment of stupidity I sold my 84 for this and some cash

but I needed a truck so I bought and then sold the red hoe

then I realized I need a oobs in my life so I traded the 98 for this

edit: somewhere in there I had a couple other oobs's and a parts s10 but cant remember when or have pics

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
No pics, but my first vehicle was a 2000 Jeep Cherokee 2wd. Then I decided I wanted a 4wd vehicle and after a few months of looking found mine as we were driving through town parked outside of some tiny body shop/dealer 98 K1500

Reaction score
First truck was inherited from grandparents (still own it): 1992 Chevrolet C1500 Silverado

Second truck (picked up a few weeks ago): 2003 Chevrolet Silverado

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '94 is actually my first vehicle. I found it on the local classifieds and sorta jumped at it, the truck is in great condition, no rust whatsoever.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
1.) 1997 Volvo 850 GLT wagon - Was my first car. Got it at an insurance auction after someone had totaled it for the second time. Fixed it and she ran like a dream. Those cars are way advanced for their time and they drive like a million dollars. It got great gas millage and actually had a hell of alot of get up and go. I kind of miss it. I ended up totaling it for the 3rd time, fixing it again and selling it.

2.) 1998 Silverado 1500 - This is my baby. I bought it while I had the Volvo with plans of making a half ton diesel and she is an ongoing project that will never end for me. I'll always keep improving her.

3.) 1994 Silverado 1500 - Bought this one for $350 with a burnt rod. Bought it for a daily driver when I sold the Volvo.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've had a bunch of vehicles, Sorry, no pix. Had a truck stolen with a photo album in it that covered almost 25 years of my work & of the vehicles I've owned. Most of those were in the pre-digital age, anyhow.

So, just a list.
'72 Mazda 808.Too many drinks in me to drive it home. Phoned a sober buddy to come get me. Paid his fare in a cab to get to the bar. He drove it ONE block, got hit by someone leaving the same bar, who was more drunk than me!
'66 Belvedere. 2dr. sdn. Had plans for a Hemi. Too young. Too broke!
'69 Chevelle. Built in H/S. Ran 12.85 @ about 110.
'71 Chevy SCSB.
'59 Impala 4dr hdtp
'60 Impala 2dr sdn
'61 Impala 2dr hdtp
'63 Impala SS. 283 powerglide. One owner, low miles. Tan/Tan. Sold it to my cousin. Wrote off a week later!
'64 Impala SS. 327/4spd. Nice body, but rusted out floors. Beyond my capabilities. Dk. brown/white. Solld to a guy that totally restored it.
'65 Impala SS convertible. 396/4spd. White/white/blue. Rusted trunk, 1/4's full of bondo. Sold to the same guy that the '64 went to.
'66 Impala SS. 327/4spd. White/red. Never, ever should of sold this one! And when I did, I sold it way too cheap.
'72 Biscane. 4dr. Winter beater. Ex-cab. Sold with 720,000 miles onit. 4th motor, 9th tranny, 3rd. rear end. Had new paint, tires & brakes when I sold it. Got $1500.00!!!
'81 Biscane. 4dr. Ex-cab. Winter beater. Got it stuck up in the mountains. Left it.
'86 Impala. Actually my Dad's that he had bought new, to be used as a cab. Registered to me. Lots of fun in this one. Dk grey/blue. Oversized tires & bottle-cap wheel covers. Looked like a cop car. Even installed a small whip antennae on the rear 1/4. Sitting @ a light, when it changed to green, if I didn't move, no-one else would. Used to pullover my buddies with it. Alternate the 4 way flashers with the high-beams.
'70 Nova SS 396/375hp. 4spd. Completely stock & original except for headers. Black/black. Watched the original owner bring it home. The other vehicle that I NEVER should have sold!
'91 S-15 Jimmy 2dr. 2whl drive. Lowered. Bought with a dead 2.8. Dropped in a 383 stroker with TPI & a 700r4. 3.73's. 17's & 18's. Stupid fun! Too small inside, though. Into it for &4500.00, sold for $6500.00. Only vehicle that I ever made money on.
'76 Chevy 3/4 ton
'77 Chevy 3/4 ton
'81 Chevy 1/2 ton RCSB. Stock with rallys. T-boned @ an intersection by a drunk.
'85 GMC 3/4 ton
'86 1 ton. Owned for 13 years, till it rotted away.
'86 1/2 ton RCSB. Lowered, built 350, 700r4. 3.73's. Stolen (with my album in it) Used in a robbery/high speed chase. P.I.T. manuevered by the cops, off the side of the freeway @ speed, into the meridian, & rolled several times. Watched it happen on the news!

Which brings me up to the ones that I have now.
'51 Studebaker Starlight Coupe.
Bought from the original owner. Spent one night it's whole life outside. Still in the same garage it's been in from day one. Free storage, but it's 300 miles away! I've had it 15 years, & I haven't put 2000 miles on it. Paint's getting tired. Could use some interior work. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it. I'd love to Hot-Rod it, but it's really too nice & too complete to do that to it.
'54 Divco.
Most of you guys won't even know what this is! An old home delivery milk truck. 4 cylinder, 2 stroke, diesel 'Franklin' engine. Bug-eye headlights, Bi-fold doors. A stick shift with only 2 pedals. The clutch & the brake pedal are the same. Top 1/2 is the clutch, bottom 1/2 is the brakes. Can be driven standing up. A cancer victim, but not so bad that one day (!) it's gonna be a bad-ass Hot-Rod/Shop truck! Stored at the same place my Studie is at.

Of course, my '97 Chevy. First pic I've posted of it with the 275/60-15's, & the new fogs. (Build thread pending)

And my '98 GMC. Dead 4.3. On hold for the next couple of years. Has a cowl hood installed since this pic. (Build thread pending)

Whew! I think that I just hurt my brain trying to remember all this!
So after all the vehicles that I've owned, it's 1 import, 1 mopar, 1 Studebaker, 1 odd ball, 20 G.M.'s, and not one Ford.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
My first car was a GMT400, a 1993 GMC RCSB K1500 Z-71. Had for a month until...

Then got a 1992 Chevy RCSB K1500:

Then I got a 1999 Chevy ECSB Z-71, unfortunately no pic of it.

Then got a 2006 F-250 ECSB Lariat Powerstroke 4x4:

Then a 2005 F-150 CCSB Lariat 4x4:

Then my 2007 Tahoe LT2, which I still DD:

I then of course got my '92 ECSB K1500, which is a trail/hunting/money pit rig: